Saturday, May 07, 2005

A Tale of Tyres and Friends

Okay, it's been quite tiring these last few days... haven't gotten enough sleep, working late hours, not much time to chit chat... but life still goes on...

Tyres finally gave way, with a puncture when me, Allan and Harris were going out for lunch. We noticed it when we were eating and looking at the car. The rear driver's side tyre was totally flat. I slowly drove it back to the office (it was nearby, so it was okay. don't do this if you don't know what you're doing, as you may damage your rims). When at the office, I started attempting to replace it with the spare. louis vuitton handbags Angi borrowed me a spanner from her Wira. Well, there was a little shock back then, as I forgot about the difference between the PCD 98 of an Alfa and the PCD 100 of a Wira... The spanner just turned without any effect to the nut! Well, me and Harris were stuck there like some bengang people. Then Harris told me that there was an Esso nearby in Jalan Ampang that could service tyres. So he took his manual pump and pumped my rubber to add in some air. I drove quickly but carefully to the shop, which changed the wheel to the spare, but said there was no tyre size (as expected, I guess 195/60 R14 are really rare...). But he said I could slam in a set of 185/60 R14s... but would look a little narrow. I told him thanks for the help, but I'm not changing the rubber. Drove back to the office and later in that day, slowly drove back home, as the red spare could only do a max of 50MPH or 80KMH...

Today managed to find our way to Stanford Tyres in Glenmarie. Was quite tough to find, but it was worth it, as they had the correct tyre size, with 3 patterns, and tons of rims to stare at... Chose the Falken Azenis ST15, as it was recommended by the dealer, and it was RM30 cheaper per tyre than the Falken Ziex ZE512 that I was eyeing... Apparently it was quiter and more durable. Later I found out it was a high performance tyre (I mean, I should have noticed the 'Azenis' name sooner, which is normally associated with street racing). It had a way cool design with 2 rows of water channels and the word 'Azenis'embossed in the groves! Awesome... and well, the car was nothing like I've ever felt, driving smoothly and quitely... Guess I made the right choice. Yeah, of course it meant a lot to me, it came from my paycheck! Read some more in the brochure that it has a base thread rubber that holds 60 million pieces of micro vaccum capsules to cut road noise. Whatever... Guess I'm not going to be eyeing any 17-inchers for a couple of years...

Been updating my Multiply photo pages, there's tons more to come, but there's no time to upload... might consider a nostalgic 'College Photos' section someday. haha... We're all also laughing at Allan's photo eating the cake... It must be the funniest photo ever taken! Haha... Go check it out...

As for the workplace, well... pretty busy, but we do have our happy moments. I must say having Val and Angi as working collegues would be one of the best things God could have given me for my first job. For that I'm very thankful. There's probably no dull moment, with the endless chat topics and funny stuff we do. And the occasional fulat jokes with Allan. Angi's been wearing glasses for a number of days. I told her she looks cute, like a scholar, but she doesn't believe me. She's probably a little shy when wearing glasses instead of contacts I guess... And Val, she's such a nice person. I mean, she's really nice, but she can be quirky too. And that's a real interesting feature about her. Never saw that in college though. hee hee...I'm just so happy to have them as my friends. Oh, and there's Ray too. He can be subtle most of the time, but when he strikes, haha... things like the Fulat Lifestyle cover comes out...

Hmm... what else... donno la, I'm wanting to watch Kingdom of Heaven... and not forgetting Episode III is less than 2 weeks away! Well, hope this sorta things can get me off the reality of the pains I'm experiencing. Maybe it's God's way of making things work, I'll just trust Him and hope he guides me to the right path.

That's all for today,
PEACE and God Bless,

Aris Tee

No comments:

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly