Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Inner and Outer Storm Brewing...

Yesterday was quite a day... aside from being a little frustrated at work, a few things happened on the way back.

Work was quite okay yesterday, due to the fact that there was only the lifestyle section to do... been frustrated lately when certain people talk in Chinese, and knowing me, having not learned, I just can't get what people are talking about. And sometimes I find it to be quite insensitive to talk in front of someone who doesn't understand... So I tend to feel left out... And this has taken it's toll lately... It's no secret that I have long wished that I was a full Chinese and not a mix, as that'll solve all the stupid woes I've been experiencing since young... But who am I to say such things... Sigh. Just expressing some angst in the morning... Well, Val was nice enough to translate a bit for me. But still...

Had a nice time at lunch, KFC! Seems that Val likes it a lot... haha. But it was fun, went to Ampang Park there to eat. Curry Crunch again... Then we decided to walk around, but there was nothing really interesting, so we just went back to office... Checked the magazine store, but nope, Traffic's still not out. The magazine's really late this month...

On the way back there was quite a storm brewing... Drove my Bug today, so I was just moving along safely in the rain. Then there was quite heavy traffic, due to typical Malaysians who drive awfully slow in the rain. Then after the first toll booth, I felt a jerk and crashing sound. There was no mistake, I was hit from behind. Okay... it was raining and there was heavy traffic. I was a civilized person, so I signalled, parked at the side and swiched on the hazard lights. Then I stepped out of the Beetle to inspect the damage. Looking at the bumper, it seemed okay. Then I moved to look a the culprit. He looked awfully nervous. He said, "ss...ss...sorry...". I asked him what was he thinking, just bumping like dat. He just replied, "err.. sorry...I just bumped". Obviously... sigh. But I wasn't a type of person who'd take his axe-steering lock and hit the other fella's car. I wasn't in a good mood, due to personal problems, but I wouldn't wanna ruin someone's day, summore it was raining. So I just let him off. His new Honda Civic probably gained more damage, since the Bug's bumper was pure steel and able to take a certain amount of impact. But in the end it was the physical reaction of plastic meets steel that saved the say. If his bumper was harder, it might have crushed his car's front. I know because I've been hit by a Wira before. Sigh... what's with people and hitting my rear? Well, as I let him off he said again, "ss...sorry". I just told him, "Becareful next time...".

Then as I continued travelling back, there was one bugger of a Wira which swerved in my path. Then I had to undego heavy braking, and since the road was slippery, the Bug skidded. Yeah, that's right, no ABS or ESP... it's 35 years old for God's sake. And being a RR (Rear-Engine, Rear-Wheel-Drive) car, it skidded sideways, chanel handbags like those crazy drifting championships... Well, it swerved left, I counter steered to the right, then the rear wheels went to the front... I countered back to the left to centralize the Bug. There, straight. I suddenly feel like Jeremy Clarkson. I realize that God once again saved my life. There was a moment of silence, and I prayed, thanking the Lord for always watching over me.

Well, that's all for today...
PEACE and God Bless,

Aris Tee

No comments:

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly