Monday, February 13, 2006

Rain or Shine... the show must go on!

Some update on what happened in the remaining stages of the Le Tour de Langkawi concert (for the Farahnatics who couldn't come...) before I talk bout Sunday!

Update on the Segamat Leg
Image hosting by Photobucket

On Friday Farah performed 2 songs at Segamat, Johore. They were 'Kembali Lagi Di Sisimu', and 'If I Ain't Got You. Farah was really-really happy, because although the Tampin leg was really good, the Segamat leg was like double that! She was also excited and honoured as many of the other artistes that were performing went and salam her as well as congratulate her in the tent after her performance. Hazami is practically a fan now. lol! Farah was kinda overwhelmed and can't believe all this is happening. Well, it's good that she's feeling all happy, as it's good motivation and I'm very sure that the more supportive the fans are, the better the person will perform. (So Johore folks, give yourselves a pat on the back. Everyone, give them a round of applause! WooHoo!!! These people rock!)

Update on the Malacca Leg
Image hosting by Photobucket

On Saturday Farah performed 2 songs at Malacca. They were 'Don't Speak', and 'Mimpi'. Farah was excited, even though the support wasn't as great as the other two legs... she's really grateful all the same. (Those Malacca folks who supported, thanks a lot!) I managed to catch her there... when I listened to her version of Mimpi... it was awesome... made me smile by myself, just so happy 4 her. too bad I didn't take any pics or recordings. Many apologies... She looked sweet as ever, altho tired, due to the intense heat... but it's good that the Dataran leg is a bit later than this... Passed her the lil stuff she asked me to collect from her home if I was coming. She was all drenched with sweat, but looked so pretty... gosh... She salam my mum, and made the security guard malu, as he wanted to accuse us of hgoing to serbu the tent. Apala... lol. Went with my mum and had authentic Peranakan food. Yummy!!!! Oops... should have taken some pics.

Kuala Lumpur - The Grand Finale

Image hosting by Photobucket

The Kuala Lumpur Criterium is one of the most awaited legs of the Le Tour de Langkawi. It's also the one which goes around KL City Centre... 18 laps around the city, it was fast, and accidents do happen... It also marks the end of a week-long event, travelling hundreds of kilometres... (not to mention the closest thing to a Nationwide tour by Farah... hee hee)

Rain, rain, rain...The grand finale... it was quite clear at 1st... fetched Ulee, LeOn and Estravada on the way... my mum came along too. I brought my huge banner from my Genting trip last time. We sat on the nice dry grass, waiting for the event to start. The weather was fine, and I sure wish it stayed that way. It was 3pm, we went there early as the roads are closed from 3 onwards. The Kuala Lumpur Criterium went on... whoa they were really fast! Took a few pics, the digital ones couldn't come out clear, as they were too fast. But I hope the SLR ones come out clear... Then it started to pour. And pour it did... It was so heavy! Luckily we moved into a tent earlier due to instinct. Met Safarina and her bro there... Waited patiently till 5pm, the time the show was supposed to start.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

The rain didn't calm down... Farah said the performance will go on as scheduled and not be postponed. I told her, "watch us!". So talked to the rest, we decided we should join in only after Nita finishes performing. Well, due to a number of reasons... hee hee... 1stly because of her bad remarks on Farah... and well, we never liked her anyway... lol! But then the crowds started to form in front of the stage, so we decided to go anyway, in the pouring rain... with the banner! We waved Farah's banner while Nita was singing... lol... (felt a bit guilty, I'm sure she's like so geram!) And it was rather odd that she sang Farah's songs... well, she didn't mind anyway...

Image hosting by Photobucket

When Farah came out, the fans were hysterical! The screams and cheers were WAY louder than anything I saw that day... we sure made our presence felt... With our banner, which my mum held, while I recorded... Estravada was so nice to cover my mum in an umbrella. I was pretty drenched in rain. It was cold, but what the heck, I didn't wanna dampen Farah's spirit... She sang so wonderfully... "Kembali Lagi Di Sisimu", "If I Ain't Got You" and "Mimpi"... Woo Hoo! She changed the arrangements in "Kembali", she said for fun, because it'd be boring if it was the same all the time. And boy was it nice! Her version of "Mimpi" was superb... Well, each person has their opinions, but here's mine. It was the best version of Mimpi I've ever heard... She sings so much better than the Top 2 of Malaysian Idol 2. Her voice has lower pitch, and has a better range... so you bet it was melodious. It was sung onto the minus one of Nita's version, provided by our fren MXV. Sure, she needs some polishing, I hope she improves more before her album is finished. She sang like an angel (as usual!) and our cheering and support sure attracted attention. The recording camera faced us, and there were a lot of glances to the back as we screamed. A number of people snapped pics of us too... hee hee...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

Anyways, most of us were drenched... Jihan came and joined us. She looked so pretty and sweet under her umbrella. She said we're so semangat, even under the rain... hee hee... I asked her to join the Akademi Fantasia auditions, and she will eclipse Mawi if she won... hahaha... after the performance and screams, I just noticed that I should have passed the photos for Farah to Jihan. So I ran after her to the backstage. And I met Farah and her mummy too there. Said hi to them, and passed the pics... They were so touched at our antics that they asked us to come over for some hot tea. But I told Farah it's ok, since we were all drenched. Sad, but had to tell her maybe another day...

The precious banner that me and Val made in September was sort of ruined... (I'll post a pic later...) I haven't told Val, but I really hope she won't be upset. I'm planning to repair it, as the main damage was to the glossy photo board, which wasn't waterproof. Farah's photo looked like it melted and she went through a snow house. Well, it's repairable, the good thing was we made an impact and gave motivation to her. Hee hee... I'm also planning to make another new one soon... hopefully in time for another show. This time it should be more waterproof and also lighter...

I guess that's all to tell for now... will post more pics when I get them as well as the video of the hysterical Farahnatics who took Dataran Merdeka by storm!

PEACE and God Bless,

Aris Tee

No comments:

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly