Friday, February 03, 2006

Holiday or no Holiday?

Chinese New Year Celebrations
Went back to Johor for our usual CNY family reunion... it was a good one, marred by certain factors, and me getting sick on the eve. Okla, let's not remember the bad, only the good. Food was lovely as usual, especially when it's gramma's... some of the aunties cooked too. Such lovely food. Chit-chat alot as usual as well as the usual TV programmes from Singapore that we'd watch. Sigh, have to admit that our country is still nowhere close to their TV in terms of quality, variety and programmes. Well, 8TV is kinda close... hehe... Watched "The Medallion" and "Cannonball Run 2". So nice to see Frank Sinatra again... hee hee... Played a lot of Worms:Forts on the phone... and seriously a lot. I managed to top up to Level 14 so far... and I finished King Kong on the mobile too. Visited temples to pay respects to our relatives, and we also had some nice ice-kacang moments... Overall it was really nice... Had to go back early because... sigh... I had to work on Wednesday. Yup, work on Wed and Thurs, public holidays! While the rest of the family is off. How sad... But dun wanna think bout that, cos CNY is always joyous! :D

Work work work... outing... sushi?
Sigh... working on a holiday sucks... and when you are working under-staffed, it's even worse! Sigh... Lin's still off in Melbourne, while Calvin is on holiday for CNY... the workload was horrendous, but we managed to pull it off. I decided to ask Val out on Thursday... get ourselves a well-deserved outing. Went to Times Square... Val wanted to look at some stuff at the center section of the building. So we went there and did some window shopping. Hee hee... Got a couple of muvees, some odd comedies. Then we encountered this really cool trick wallet, which can strap your cash in by itself. It was seriously cool... Val bought one, while I bought another for a friend. Later I thought about it and regretted not getting one myself... Val got herself a cap too. I thought she looked really cute with the hat, but she didn't think so. Ha..ha... Wanted to catch a free movie at GSC, but found out that Times Square had no International Screen. So we were thinking of something else to do. Eventually we decided to go to Sungei Wang Plaza for some shopping and dinner... Bought a couple of DVDs there, a game and (surprise!) Transformers Masterforce! OmG... so nostalgic. It was my favourite TV show when I was small, and I caught almost every episode! Anyway, did a lot of window shopping. Disappointed that Sun Comic didn't have the Gokusen series with other subtitles besides Chinese... And further fed up with this fella at the magazine shop that tried to tell me that Max Power costs RM40. I mean COME ON!!! I saw it at KLCC for RM20+. And Rev also costs RM40. Bummer... Anyways, I wasn't disappointed at all... in fact I had a lotta fun with Val that day. Shared an expensive gelato ice cream with her... mint I think. Was really good. Finally went to Sushi Station for dinner. Wowee... it was so yummy! Ordered the all-you-can-eat buffet. For RM20+, you can order one main dish (a special mahal-er dish you can order only once) and the rest, which consist of sushi, ramen, teppanyaki, tempura and assorted teriyaki stuff, are unlimited! Woohoo... we ate a lot. And Val can seriously eat! It's so much fun eating buffet with her... After I thought we're done, she added another one. Ha..ha.. In the end, we struggled with the last dish. After that they gave us such delicious ice cream! Wowee... Oh, did I mention their sushi are served on a train? It eliminates the need of a conveyer belt, maybe as a cost-cutting measure. Just thought it was kinda cool... although my camera phone can hardly snap any photos that are moving Same goes to the food... came out kinda dark, even wif flash... Anyways, had a really good time that day, even watched some glow-in-the-dark bowling after that. Thanks Val!


Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

BBQ @ Priest's Place
While we were in Sungei Wang I received the message from Myn, who's talking on behalf of Priest. He invited me to his BBQ on Friday. Hehe... needless to say I went. I had to finish the horrendous workload 1st, which was terrible... then rushed to USJ (I was already late!), picked up Arjuna and Shafnida at Ampang Park as well. Felt bad to make them wait for me to finish work, although luckily it wasn't too long. Arrived there bout an hour (or more) after it started. A lotta people were there... Teng, Evon, Farah, Yaya, Myn, LeOn, Sook, Mandy, Yokatta, Frankie... we were one big happy bunch. Ate a wing which was served on the table. It was slightly tak cukup masak. lol... but the food was really nice. The mee, the chicken wings, the various sausages and balls... Oh ya, Myn and Mandy cooked some good ones... so sweet of them to pass the food to me. Hahaha... my 2 lil adiks... Oh ya, there was a lot of minum too... Chit chatted with Yaya and Yokatta... and Priest of course. Btw, Farah looks simply lovely in pink... Time just flew by so fast. And soon we had to make a move, because I had to make sure Arjuna and sis can make it onto the LRT on time before the service is halted. So thanked Priest and family, said bye to the others and made a move... Thanks Priest, for the wonderful BBQ. I love BBQs... maybe I should do one... talking with Val as I type... maybe do one in the office? Or with friends? Hee hee...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
- err, ok... I know we both look kinda weird in this pic. hahaha... but we had a lotta fun!
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

Jac wins Juara Lagu 2006!
Oh, just yesterday Jac won the title of Juara Lagu in the Anugerah Juara Lagu ke-20 2006. She also won the Best Ballad category. Gemilang is Song of the Year! Congratulations Jac! I tell you, Farah was so overjoyed as well... we were sama-sama excited... lol! (can't wait to see if she herself can make it far next year!) Btw Myn and Jihan were there... such lucky fellows... hehe... Btw, the win was good, because we badly need to prove the credibility of Malaysian Idol (despite Farah not winning the second season...sigh). And this clearly shows that it's better than Akademi Fantasia. Yay!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Okla, that's all for this time,
PEACE and God Bless,

Aris Tee

No comments:

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly