Monday, September 26, 2005

Genting was a Blast!

Trip to the Highlands...
The day finally came, our trip to Genting!!! Woo HOoo! It was awesome! Okay, there were alot of tension back at the start, as we had to finish our work asap, in order to leave and start our journey. There was me, my bro, Val and Eliza. Once we started, there was simply so many obstacles!!! There was a massive, super heavy jam that lasted an hour, and after that, as we were approaching Bangsar, there was a bus that broke down in the middle of a 4-way junction. You can imagine the mess... But we did make it to the highway and it was quite a fun journey up. My first time going up Genting with friends, and it was SOOO exciting! The trip pushed the car to it's limits, but luckily it had enough power... well, 2.0-litre engine carrying a 1.7 ton car with 4 people, plus their luggage and a huge banner still could run well... Reached the top quite fast, and enjoyed winding down the windows to feel the cool breeze... Checked in at First World Hotel, there were SOOO many people, but the counters were very efficient, and we got our room cards in a short period of time. We got into our rooms (which were quite close) and quickly got ready, as we heard there's a long queue into the Arena of Stars.

The Grand Result Show
The time came for the main event... the Grand Result Show of Malaysian Idol! Wow, there were soooo many people... we got quite good spots, near the 'Genting' sign that appears all the time on TV. Then there was an announcement that we had to move a few rows forward to fill up the spaces. Then we moved, and we were so excited, cos it was much nearer! There we sat, with the HUGE Farah banner that me and Val made. The show was fabulous, nothing beats watching it live on location... there were the funny acts of the Britney dude, Zombie gal and the Michael Jackson wannabe... they all made us laugh so much!!! Then the appearance of the finalists of Malaysian Idol season 1 also stunned us, as they sang together melodiously. Then the finalists of this season came out, each singing one song... Trish, Atilia, Ejay, Adam, Azam, Ash, Faizull... they all were awesome!

Oh, Farah...
After Faizull left the stage, it was Farah's turn, and I was screaming soooo loud! It was like being a lil kid again, and I didn't care that we were surrounded by loads of Nita and Daniel fans... There I was, waving my banner to her excellent rendition of "Ain't No Mountain High Enough". Me and Val waved the banner together at one point of her song too... it was so much fun! Of course there was one point where Val asked me to stand up and wave. Of course, without much hesitation, I just stood up, and screamed her name with all my heart! "FARAH!!!" I guess people could tell I was a die-hard-fan... hee hee... At the end of her song, she was joined by the other finalists, and ended with a blast of fireworks... it was so awesome! Then when Jien and Cheryl were talking, I waved the banner frantically, then I could see Farah looking around, and suddenly was surprised. She waved at me after that! Wahhh~ Val saw her 'surprised' too... hee hee... She waved at me again during the performance with the 1st season finalists, and AGAIN, after Daniel was crowned Malaysian Idol... You can't imagine how happy I was... and the best was the last, I couldn't believe my eyes when she gave me a DOUBLE-THUMBS-UP! I was so happy I cried with joy! Eliza and Val were laughing at me jumping and screaming... I showed my lil idol she was still No.1, despite being 3rd... You will always get my support, keep your spirits high, and you WILL succeed, God willing... On the way out, a dude came up to me, and asked, "Are you a Farah fan?". I said "Of course!"... then he asked whether he could take a pic with me and my banner. I agreed and made a pose. He said he'll e-mail it to me... hee hee... There WERE Farah fans there, cos I saw Kuaciman and his buddies... Oh, what an amazing experience.

130+ Degrees
The car actually had problems on the way from the hotel to the Arena of Stars. Some overheating thingy, which was very odd... the temperature rose to 130+ degrees celsius. Which was extreme, given the normal temperature was 90 degrees. The bonnet was steaming, cos of the cold climate. Well, we took a lot of effort to fill up water. It appears that it was running low on water, as it was more stable after filled up. Prayed a lot, and thank God, it didn't cause anymore problems after that...

Morning in First World...
Okay... walking on our way to the First World Theme Park for breakfast, passing the lobby, I passed someone that made me so shocked that I thought I was dreaming... it was FARAH! In the SAME hotel! Wahhhh.... She was waving and greeting some of her fans who came up to her. I was going to rush to her, but she seemed like she was in a hurry and rushed out of the hotel... maybe she was late for something, I'm not sure... But I sure wished I was a few moments earlier... Val and Eliza were really nice, saying that I'll be able to meet her again someday... We went on to Marrybrown for breakfast.

Feel-Good-Time
We sure had a lot of places to go... we passed this shop which sold light-up clothes and accessories... it was way cool! So each of us bought one t-shirt, and my bro got himself a cap. Yay... Went to Snow World after that, and it was a whole load of fun! It was SUPER FREEZING, and we were hurling snow everywhere (okla, mostly me and Val at war...). We took a few pix too, with various poses, and had to be taken by their photographer... Me and Val later decided to take the Extreme Slide, which seemed like alot of fun. Then when halfway there in the queue, we saw a person sliding sown, bumping at all the corners, and literally flying off a bump... then we looked at each other and were like "Are you still up for it? Wanna back down now?" hee hee... we got down, and pretended to my bro and Eliza that "It was Awesome!"... of course my bro spotted my fakeness in a short period of time. We had a lot of fun, it was a really good experience... we only got slightly disappointed when we found out that the pics they took costed RM16 EACH! So we only took 1, and Val paid for it, despite us all wanting to share. She would later scan it and send to all of us...

Going Back Time
It all passed so soon... after a lil more shopping, a meal of Burger King, we were on our way down, we delayed it earlier due to heavy rain and fog. The trip down was quite thrilling, due to worries of overheating (which thank God didn't happen), and the fact that you could actually feel the brakes not able to grip after continuous braking for a long distance. That's when low gearing comes in... it was okay overall, it was an amazing experience, to drive down Genting in a manual car. The 155 got her first outing too... we all had a tiring, but enjoyable time this weekend, and just hope this is a first of many outing trips to come...

Photos will be posted soon in my Multiply Photos section...

PEACE and God Bless,
Aris Tee

1 comment:

Wimal said...

Yo Aris! This is the dude who asked if you were a Farah fan. Hehe...posted some pics on my blog

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly