Sunday, April 24, 2005

BoA Fever, and Feeling Empty at Times...

Okay, I now officially have BoA's songs ringing in my head... and I have Angi to thank for that. Well, she continued playing the same BoA CD at work, now even Allan's humming along to 'My Prayer'. Which isn't a bad thing, BoA's songs are nice... lol. Yesterday it was playing the whole day, and today too. hee hee...

My comp went kaput today at work. And to make matters worse, Angi's one went kaput at the exact same time. So we have two computers hanging and paused at system startup... And this is the second time this happened. The last one was a few weeks back, chanel handbags both mine and Angi's rosak at the same time too. Dunno whether they are connected or not, since it seems to affect both our systems, and no other computer in the office had any problems... haiyo. Well, I'm getting a temporary cpu for the moment from another comp, and Angi has to either share with me or borrow Val's.

There were a lotta work the day before but not that much today, since it was a Saturday. But yesterday we had to do three articles, one on speakers, while the other two were coffee places and one on fitness. Ray got the speaker one, which looked rather fun. I was to do the coffee one, and I was quite glad too, but since Angi seemed sad at the fitness page, I asked for a swap. Hahaha... what happened next was hilarious. The model for the workout was a new dude, a real hairy guy, nicknamed the 'Gorilla' by our Lifestyle editor Imran. It was a real pain to edge out and make him look good... wah~ and Angi was cringing just by looking at the fella flexing his muscles. haha.... After I finished the page, I went out for lunch, but as I got back Imran was aiming at me with his gun (toy gun, that is) telling me the text was wrong... aikk... my mistake, I slotted in some old text into the layout. Mustn't do that again...

Today other than one page, there wasn't much to do. Tony, our chief editor, belanja us Kentucky Fried Chicken. Well, I drove to the nearby KFC at Ampang Park while Hussin (fellow collegue, writer) went down and bought the food. And it was really nice! Tried the Curry Crunch today, was rather nice. Poor Ray, if he hadn't gone back early he could have joined in the feast. Angi refused to eat, saying she had a bad feeling in the stomach. Well, dunno what it was but later in the day I had it too. Maybe was the nasi lemak we had for breakfast... :-p Angi said it was just because I ate too much KFC... ha? donno lor...

Well, later I chatted with her bout this racial thingy. Well, to be honest, there are many times I wished I wasn't a mix. Times I wish I could blend in more... Times I just wished I was a pure Chinese, and learned to speak. sigh... nothing can be done about the former, it's already a fact. There comes times when I wish people would look at me like any other Chinese guy, not judging just by my name, not by look. But God created me this way, and there must be a reason, right? As for speaking, well, it IS learnable. Only took one lesson from Boon Boon last time. Hopefully one day Angi can teach me too... hehe... some things to ponder upon...

Oh yeah, and we were talking bout our salary and how we feel under-paid. Well, we can't really say much, being just junior graphic designers... but what worries me is her feeling that she should find someplace else that pays higher. Well, of course I don't wish that to happen, at least not that soon la... Will have to research more and find a way to help ourselves in this situation. She currently does freelance at the same time, to get extra income. Needs the money, she says, adding to her financial burdens are her piano lessons. Well, the only thing I could think of at the moment was helping her out financially, but she doesn't want it. She prefers to have things done by herself, independently. That's a really good trait, I should make that an example for my future financial state. We're not really getting a proper arrangement about out OT, and we're working an average of 2 extra hours daily, not to mention Saturdays, which we only need to come twice a month. Currently we come EVERY Saturday. sigh... maybe when Val comes back we'd be able to lessen up the work and overtime? We'll just have to wait and see, and I HAVE to sort this out asap.

Hmm... what else. Went to Borders at Times Square. And apparently today was the Grand Opening. Well, what I can say that it is one heck of a huge bookstore. But the crowd was rather heavy and noisy. So not really a good time to go searching for books. Maybe next time...
And I've been feeling rather weird recently. Seems like things are a little odd. Things I like to do don't seem that interesting anymore. Dunno what this feeling is all about. The food I normally use to want seem to have lost their attraction. Interest in watching animes or DVDs have gone down dramatically. sigh... dunno la... Even a walk at Times Square, which I like very much, doesn't seem that nice anymore...

Been praying the day before, just before I went to bed. I'm sort of at a crossroads in my faith and relationship with God. I prayed for His guidance, for Him to show me what's right and wrong, and for Him to help me face what might come soon. As I can feel there will be a time soon, in which I'll make big and risky decisions... And I tell God I do not want to go into a pitfall, I wish for what I achieve to do to go as smoothly as possible, as I am as clear and careful in what I'm doing than I've ever been... May He guide me, for I know God loves me, and does to all of you too.

Anyway, till next entry I suppose... no song of the day today, maybe next time...
PEACE and God Bless,

Aris Tee

No comments:

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly