Thursday, June 02, 2005

Busiest Day at Work So Far...

Yesterday was an exhausting day... I became acting Art Director, it was hell of a big responsibility, but I was confident and handled the post as well as I can. Allan had to go to the hospital for a checkup due to a recent accident he had. There were a few times which I wanted to call Val, but I thought to myself, nah... she's having her well-deserved break, and I dun want her to get disrupted with office affairs. Besides, I want her to be proud of me (heh...heh...) So I'm taking in Allan and Val's place, and it was really tough. But I needed this opportunity to show what i can do. And also a lil like training, so I can help Val more on other days... It sure was a long day, with the pages going out a few hours late (3 I think) because I was double and triple checking them, and calling up the press to solve some mistaken pages of the previous day. There were numerous text mistakes, louis vuitton handbags caption mistakes, indent mistakes, date mistakes, in-line mistakes, even headline mistakes! But it was all sorted out, all the way till 8pm... Eric was walking around, bugging me... haiyoh... Finished them up, exported to PDF, copied to the new pen drive Jessie just bought and sent them off to print. Phew... And today I had to give summary to Tony about why the pages had to be sent off late yesterday. Dunno he's joking or serious. I just explained what happened and what should be done. And if Allan doesn't come again today, I'll still be in charge... aikk...

Ok, what else... Proton's new car, the TRM, is confirmed to have the name Proton Savvy. This is confirmed thru an ad gained from Proton sources (You can see in my photo album...). The ad uses a comic-inspired theme, which explains why the ads online and in the newspapers have speech bubbles and comic typefaces. The Savvy is shown wearing a cape, something like what Superman wears, and has the tagline is "Built Tougher Than You Think"... Perhaps to emphasize on the car's strength, since it's supposed to boast a galvanized bodyshell and strongest body in it's class. And power comes from the latest Renault Clio engine, which is proven to be a really advanced powertrain, coupled with tiptronic transmission... Well, have to wait and see how it turns out... Everyone knows how it looks like already

Hmm... what else... nothing much, just have to get back to work soon, Angi's still blocking me, dunno when wanna un-block. What la she... When want to call her have to go to her only can talk... cannot shortcut and message (too lazy liao). Hehe... no la, I'm not upset or anything. Just weird that kena block by someone. Val's not here till next week, so workload's gonna be a lil heavy for the next few days... There's two interns working here too, might give Terence a much-deserved-break...

Till next update,
PEACE and God Bless,

Aris Tee

No comments:

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly