Wednesday, June 08, 2005

08.06.2005 Proton Savvy Launch - D.DAY

Been rather busy the last few days. Work comes non-stop, but thankfully yesterday was quite okay. For the first time in quite a while, we managed to finish the pages early, so we could also get home early... hehe... Val's back too since Monday, and I admit it's more fun with her around. hehe... All those joking around and funny stuff we do, and she's really helpful when I'm stuck with a page. I admit I can do the layout, just like she said, I need to try 'slowly'... ha..ha... sure can wan... must prove that I can do it. Angi's just like herself, and also checking on the dummy pages for errors once in a while. chanel handbags All because of last week's experience. Funny la she, even have time to take up new classes as well... dunno how she cope.Okay, at least those rush days of last week are over, now things are getting to be more like normal. But the good thing is that I gained some good experience that can help me in the future... (and also help Val... ha..ha...)

Since yesterday was quite short, I went to Kinokuniya on the way back (yay!) to get the Star Wars:Visionaries book I've been looking for. Yup, found it, last unit available... went to the counter to buy, and the girl said that I'll get a 20% discount if I buy something else to add to it. So I grabbed the latest Lime (can use for page layout reference) and the overall price of both items is cheaper than the book itself! Woo hoo... and to add to that, I received a 10% discount voucher for my next purchase at Kinokuniya... wow...what a day... on my way down the escalator, I heard some nice, familiar flute music playing. I turned around and I saw what I imagined it was. It was Hanak! They're back in Malaysia and performing in front of Tower Records! They have new CDs to promote too... I asked them how long are they gonna be here, and they mentioned "one week". Okie, I'll be coming back again I guess... ha..ha...

Okay, today is the official launch of the Proton Savvy, D.Day and I'm so excited. Following up on the development progress of a car for almost two years really makes you wanna see how it turns out. This is going to be the first Proton to have been monitored by TUV, and we'll see if Volkswagen managed to improve some things. Well, from the spy photos, the dash looks like something out of a BMW or Range Rover. But lower scale of course. The design's real neat, with influences from MINI, Alfa Romeo, Citroen, BMW and Volkwsagen. Engine's a punchy 1.2 unit from the Renault Clio, which itself is a great car. Interior's real spacious, and the sides of the car are inspired by the Alfa Romeo 145. Which makes you wonder whether the designers at Proton are Alfa fans... Body's the strongest in it's class, and made using galvanized steel... I'm not gonna get the car anyway (still paying installments for the 155) but I'm liking it all the same. Anyway, lets hope this car makes it big... Here's to the launch tonight! Cheers...

PEACE and God Bless,

Aris Tee

No comments:

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly