Thursday, March 16, 2006

La la...

Too many things circling in my mind lately... Trying my best to focus, though it has been really hard lately. Doing lots of stuff to keep my mind off my problems... And also thanks to Chong, who never fails to make me feel better at times like this. I'm so grateful to the Lord for that. Not only does he send me a good friend in times of need, he provides me with such a lovely family and also an adopted family... what more could a person ask for? I tell myself I can get through this, and that I'll do my best to make this work...

155 Photoshoot...
Needed to finish a couple of shots before I submit my roll of film, so decided to utilise the empty parking area of the office to do a shoot of the 155. Well, it was 7am, so there wasn't anyone there, so I arranged the car in a few places and shot a couple of pics. Add in the newly-polished sparkle and nice morning sun, and the pics turned out pretty ok. ;)

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

Meow MeowTook a pic of my cutie Muffin before going to work too...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Work StressI admit working life has been really stressful lately... but I'm doing my best to hold on, coping no matter what happens... Been putting my best in my work, doing more pages nowadays, and most of the time very minimal or no changes are needed for the layouts. But to be honest, the working hours are killing me. I spend 11-12 hours at work daily, and I get 3-4 hours of sleep a day for almost a year. It's started to show on my face and eyes, taking in all this stress and fatigue... too often do I feel sleepy on the road and needing 1-2 stops to doze off. Most of this time is considered OT, louis vuitton handbags but frankly they dun exactly give all the OT that we're entitled to... sigh... But there are so many instances that I'd rather trade in my OT for a night's good rest and sleep... It's weakening me and I've been getting sick too often... adding to that, the pay's really poor. And I mean REALLY. It's bout 300-400 less then my expected salary, and after confirmation, the pay has almost no difference, just slightly. And there's no merit or anything like that, for instance like most of my friends' workplaces, the boss would offer a random extra for a good performance during the month. Nope, none of that here... and NO BONUS. Yup, you heard that right. NO BONUS! Even the poorest companies give at least some form of bonus. But here, nil. Sigh... And I've been working for almost a year and they don't even have my name anywhere in the paper! Not even the front page where they'd normally put "Graphic Designer - who-who", every other magazine has it... my buddies all have their names in their publications. Not that I'm so into credit, it's I'm just worried that later I won't have any proof to say I designed something later when I change jobs. It's as if I'm not working here... they don't even provide name cards... sigh... I think there's no use complaining. It's not like it's gonna change anytime. That's why I've been doin my best to adapt and absorb it... waiting for the opportunity comes to move on to something better. But it's not all bad actually... well, there are merits, and so far, the good points are more than the bad ones by a slight margin. Well, there's free parking, a nice kitchen with fridge & microwave, free movie tickets, nice environment of people to talk with, 24hr internet and a relaxed dress code. I just hope this delicate balance would not be overturned to negativity. Pray that I'll get through this ya, I'm trying my best... I like how things are, except the bad points...

Dinner & Polls
Went to dinner with Myn, because she ajak all of a sudden. But in the end only me, her and Ivy went. Met at her house, then she decided she wanted A&W, so we went to the one in PJ. Had so much chatting there, it was so much fun. Went on to many silly and outrageous topics to even about boyfriend and girlfriend experiences... lol... After that I asked if Ivy and Myn could fill up some of the company's polls (kinda silly poll, as Microsoft takes over almost 70% of it...). Well, Ivy answered well, just that Myn was kinda naughty (well, she's only 12... hehe).

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

After that we had some fun at the back playground, which brought such nice and happy memories... eventually had to head to our cars to go home because it was getting late and Myn has school the next day.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

There was this car that parked in the middle of the car park, causing a lotta problems. Myn wrote a note for it. "-deleted-" hahaha... Anyways, guided Ivy to the highway, and sent munchkin home. Passed the money I owe her family (the change from her b'day dinner) and wished her nite-nite. Btw, she left the phone in the car again... haha... ;)

Oh well, looks like life ain't so bad... it's just how you make the best of it...

PEACE and God Bless,
Aris Tee

No comments:

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly