Wednesday, December 12, 2007

NEWSFLASH: BoA "No Longer Enjoys" Working

NEWSFLASH: BoA "No Longer Enjoys" Working

The following news article, translated from a Japanese article (Yahoo! Headlines I think) caught many BoA fans by surprise, but it was rather expected, as BoA works harder than an average American artiste...

---

BoA's dream - Studying abroad and debuting in America

"I do not feel as happy doing what I am doing now. To put it more exaggeratedly, I think I might have lost myself, my sense of belonging, in the midst of working."

These words let slipped by BoA, who has been active as a front runner in the entertainment scene, were both shocking and surprising to the people around her. Debuting in 2001 when she was only merely 14 years old, she was still a young girl who held a childish and innocenet look to her. Yet in the years to come, she has successfully released hits like 'Listen to my heart', 'Valenti' and her albums have all managed to break the million sales mark. She has been in the entertainment showbiz for 7 years, and is now 21 years of age. Now, what prompted BoA who has transformed from a young teenager to a mature lady, to say those words?

"It was probably after the release of my compilation album (Best Of Soul), that I began to lose my aim in life. I guess in a way, it was having to work constantly with no breather in between each moment, that made me feel that way. From time to time, I will think back and reflect, whether I am being too contented with what I have now. Honestly, I always wonder what will happen to me if I were to give up singing one day, but because singing has been my life, the thought of it is enough to just jolt me back to my senses that I need to go on with singing. But I guess it is the fact that I hadn't have a break for so long that it is making me burnt out."

As BoA told us these, she secretly threw a glance to her colleagues(manager etc) at the side and gave them a small but bitter smile. Indeed, throughout these 7 years, she has been shuffling back and forth between Japan and Korea without rest in her schedules and has used up 4 passports in the midst of her travelling. Perhaps it's because she is so busy, that she cannot seem to find the motivation to drive her anymore. However, BoA has not lost her dreams all these while. It's a dream made she was 15 years old --That she wants go abroad to America to study 10 years later, when she is 25 years old.

"There's still 4 more years to when I am 25 years old. Maybe I will really go abroad to study then. I want to study English and also take up ballet, these are what I feel are important and essential to me. Besides, I can still do recordings even when I am studying."

Being an avid and inquisitive learner, BoA has mentioned during her teens years, that she would want to study Economics.

"Ah yes. But come to think of it, I would have been able to put in more time and effort then to study as compared to now."

It's not too late for BoA to study now though.

BoA's ability to express her views and understanding in what she does can be seen in her upcoming single 'Lose Your Mind', which is to be released in December. This is the first time she is collaborating with a rock band member, Doping Panda's Yukata Furukawa and the rock style coupled with BoA's amazing dancing skills just adds more passion to the song itself.

Source: BoAjjang & Soompi

---

She's seriously considering stopping all her activities when she reaches 25 to continue studying and having some time off. After all, happiness is important for any person.

I'm one of many who were shocked by this news... While I admit it's sad to have to part with her music, it's SADDER to know that she's not enjoying her life, even finding purpose in it. She deserves a break, and if one's a true fan, he/she should understand BoA's need to do what she wants in life and let her be happy. She has sacrificed so much, her freedom, her teenage years, time with friends & family... all that while giving us awesome music for the last 7 years. Hope she finds her way and be happy, and perhaps have a real kick-butt comeback someday cos I'm still waiting for her to come to Malaysia (shameless). Heehee...

BoA hwaiting, we love you, saranghae, we want you to be happy, we want you to live your dream...

I'm right behind whatever decision she may make. BoA be strong! *Can I give her a hug?*

Lose Your Mind
Today's the release date of her latest single, "Lose Your Mind" which also features guitarist Yukata Fukuwara from Doping Panda. This single utilises a new style for BoA (which shocked a few people), so do wish for her to fly up the charts ya!

Single Covers:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

MV:


Video Link
PEACE and God Bless,
Aris

No comments:

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly