Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Drivers: Women vs Men

Hmm... I haven't been saying much lately. Perhaps I'm not the type who can express myself well... or maybe I do, just that I'm not the type who'd let it all out on a blog, fearing others might find out... Truth is, all isn't all rosy and smiles... I have lots and lots of things on my mind, and more often than not, I believe it's leading to depression. Gosh... get a grip! Yeah, masking myself with a smile... yet according to many, I'm not good at covering up. But I'm trying my best to solve it myself. I'm not a quitter, and as long as I am detirmined, I'll keep on fighting...

Sigh... nvm... change topic...

Are women drivers worse than men?
Ok this was the topic on the radio this morning. Interesting, and I believe it can be argued till the cows come home. Ok, lets get to facts. It's true that men tend to drive wildly, perhaps it's instinct, and somehow I can't help notice that in KL, it's sort of like a lil 'war' for supremecy. Call me nuts but I think it's true. Check out those souped-up rides or those huge behemoths, pushing you into a corner... showing you who's boss. Yeah right... my lil bug just slips in between them traffic. Leaving all behind. In other words, 'malas nak layan' them... But when I take the 155, it's a whole new ball game. What's with people trying to race you? It's like they're an hour late for work or something. At the traffic light, they try to outdo you, at the junction, they dun let you 'take their position'. Kiasu gila... Ok, not all guys are like dat, there is another group, sensible ones, but this includes the incredibly slow ones... The sensible ones are good, ok, they dun get in your way and they obey traffic. But the road hogs, I just dun get it, didn't they learn which lane is the 'slow' lane? Even as u signal, flash and horn them, they still maintain position... -_-"

Girls on the other hand, i believe fall into 3 groups. The 1st are the sensible, good-girl types. I respect these, and these are the ones you'd most probably courteously let through in a jam. hee hee... 2nd type, the real mean, 'melampau' makcik type. Oh God... these types will cut in front of you with no signal, or take your lot even though they came after you, block you from exiting a junction. Their weapon? They buat muka selamba and dun look at you. Gosh... they can really get on your nerves... 3rd type, the racer girl. I mean these girls dun wana let guys outdo them, so they're tough, mean and fast on the road. Experienced Farah behind the wheel a couple of times, she clearly falls into this category... Taking sharp corners with speed and agility, and having fun in the process... but there's something cool about these type of girls that I really admire. Haha...

I guess the summary is that we have to face the fact that there are different categories of drivers for both men and women. I dun think it's proper to generalise it as "men are better than women", or "women are more careful than men". Both have their own good and bad types... And so ends my not-so-useful take on this topic.

PEACE and God Bless,
Aris Tee

No comments:

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly