Thursday, January 05, 2006

To Johor and back...

My Break!
I admit I've been quite considerate, not taking leave, especially when the company's in need... but see what resulted... I took only 1 leave so far, till the end of the year! So I decided to take 4 days off. Yeah, I had 9.5 days left, but what to do, there weren't enough days in the year left at that time. There was a press shutdown for Christmas, so I took the day before, and the 3 days after that. The 1st day was of course so that I could catch Farah's Charity Concert. Ok, the break was spent relaxing, taking a break from the stress of not enough sleep.

Trip to Batu Pahat
Then me and the family decided to go back to our hometown in Batu Pahat for a holiday. We had a nice leisurely drive down south at an approximate 110-120kmh cruising speed. Yeah, I didn't speed much more than that... much. Because there were cars on the other side flashing whenever there was a speed trap. So ok, no 150kmh antics, besides, there's a whole family in the car, safety is priority, and the car's dynamics would have been affected anyway, the additional weight of people and baggage plus the brakes would need more distance. Stayed in my gramma's house. She was away in Singapore with my uncle, so she couldn't be with us. Oh ya, when we arrived, we went straight to our favourite Super Nasi Beryiani Gam restaurant! Hee hee... our all-time favourite Johor old-timer specialty. OmG, if you haven't tried, you have to! It's da BOMB! Had their Super Orange drink while the family had Super Bandung and Super etc... lol... And while we were eating, Nikki's song aired on the radio! Ahh... heaven... :)

I managed to browse around Batu Pahat looking at 17-inch rims. Caught a nice set of lightweight (I could carry it with one hand!) polished second-hand ones from a Fiat in one of the shops. It was going at only RM750! But I thought about it and decided not to get it, because there was still much rubber left on my set of Azenis-es, and I would have to buy another set of rubber, this time 17-inch. Sigh... Wait a year or so then... hee hee... (I wasn't ready for the commitment anyway...)

Went with the family to The Summit (well, it's the ONLY shopping complex in Batu Pahat) after that and bought a couple of goodies. I went to a phone shop and almost bought a phone! I was that close, but then after finding out there was a 6% surcharge for using credit cards, I kept my card back and said sorry. Because calculating it, I would have spent an extra RM90 because of that 6%, and there was already an additional RM90 due to the installments... I guess I'll survey around Sungei Wang la. Because that was the last unit (due to popularity) in The Summit and costed around RM100 more than in KL (shock... normally things are cheaper there). Anyway, got myself a blue-colored housing for my 3650. Now the looks like it's brand new! Enjoyed super yummy delicious snow ice (a superb specialty of Batu Pahat). Oooh... the texture, the sensation... hee hee... Notice there aren't much (any?) photos of our experience in Batu Pahat? Well, sorry bout that... I guess I was just having too much of a great time. Hee hee...

Night time is time for us to makan at our favourite Carrot Kueh stall! Yay! Btw, the stall has been there from the time my mum was a lil girl, so it has always been our family favourite. And the drinks! Whee... they're so cheap my mum always asks us to order 2. Wanted to order fried oyster but the grumpy old man was just being grumpy as usual, a lil too grumpy for us that night... Tapau some back as well... hee hee...

Johor Bahru!We went for a day trip to JB the next day... wow it was so exciting! It was an hour's drive from Batu Pahat, and we had alot of fun there. When we arrived there and filled up at a Shell station, we saw the most hillarious notice...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Went to Holiday Plaza (copycat heaven) and also ate there. Prosperity Burger! Oh boy oh boy oh boy... Met my uncle there too (what a coincidence) and he brought us to buy some bird's nest (lol). I found a phone software CD I've been looking for. Saw a DVD collection of Gokusen II (original mind you!) and wanted badly to get it. But Chinese subtitles!!!!!! WTH? Sigh... Anyways, had fun there, and moved to Plaza Pelangi after that... hee hee... Had fun walking around, my bro got a pair of new shoes. Went to a kopitiam after that, my mum got me soft-boiled eggs (my favourite, it was evening, but I was still happy!) and I tried their Cham (coffee + tea). After that we had a short walk and started our journey back to Batu Pahat. What a nice and fun experience... When we arrived at Batu Pahat we went for another round of Carrot Kueh and drinks (but still no oyster...).

Have you travelled 300+KM for a concert before?
Okie, our last day at Batu Pahat, had nice breakfast there (unique Batu Pahat nasi lemak, you can never find anywhere else, it's like a combination of lontong and nasi lemak) and started our journey back to KL. Why so early? Well, my mum wanted us to be back for Farah's concert at KLCC park. It's part of the new year countdown programme, but for I dunno wat reason they put her the day before. Stopped by at Yong Peng to look at my favourite giant fishes. Oh well... managed to reach KL at around noon. But the family was too tired, and they tak jadi to go to the concert. I went alone...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I was there slightly late from the original meet up time of 4.30pm. Only me n Ulee were there at 1st, and kak Angah n her sis joined us (they were there from 11am ) as well as Ostro. Then we called Ivy, Myn, Mandy n gang to meet up straight away at the park, as the concert performance had already started (other artistes). Took us a while to find the place, cos there were no instructions and no publicity... but we found it alright! When we arrived there there was Awie performing (finishing). The people who attended and are watching the concert were sitting really far from the stage, which was really weird. anyways, our lil group straight away took the front spot of the stage... there were only us, the Farahnatics! Anyway, the emcee came and announced that the next performer was from a reality show... then we all screamed! Then as Farah came on stage, the emcee told her that she has fans here. she told him "yup, these are my fans, the FARAHNATICS!" woohoo! you can imagine how excited we were... She was wearing a rather cool outfit, a lil hip-hoppish, a lil like an american black singer (or more likely, Fergie from the Black-Eyed Peas! hee hee...). Wow, she was really cute. She sure rocked the stage! She sang "Don't Speak" by No Doubt, the same song she sang at the Charity Concert recently... and boy was it nice!!!! She hit the high notes really well (biasala, it's Farah after all! ) and the fans were all cheering. She asked us to tepuk along, but half of us were holding cams, so those cannot tepuk! lol... maybe we should set next time a number of ppl to take pics and video while the rest tepuk loud-loud... anyways, she mentioned to me dat when she went on stage she was thinking "where is my sis?!" hee hee... Myn came running in about 3/4 through the song, together with Ivy, Mandy... who else... i think Priest n LeOn came in too... and Detnelat. she almost tergelak... hee hee... she ended the song gracefully, and it was a splendid performance, even if it was only 1 song. After she sang, the crowd was all cheers... it was obvious the lil Petronas kids wanted more, but when we asked for another song, the emcee answered "boleh, boleh... tahun depan" sarcasticnya... lol. The next performer was Ezlynn, and the Farahnatics were starting to turn their backs and chat. But then I mentioned to them, kesian her abit (hee hee) so we all were sporting and cheered for her too. She was touched and thanked us... she even said "eh... u all ni are Farah's fans right?" then we all jawab bersama... "yes!"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Anyways, after that Farah came down, and she panggil us go to KLCC... so we all went to her. At that time Awie came to the stage again. then Farah led the way to KLCC, bringing the whole stage crowd (the Farahnatics) with her. i thought it was kinda funny, cos Awie performed to an empty stage, with the Petronas kids and the rest standing rather far from it. Went to the food court, had some chat and makan (Farah belanja some snacks n pizza... so sweet of her ) and kak Angah belanja the drinks (yay!). poor Evon lost her phone, and we all feel for her... even Farah was trying to make her feel better... (hope you're ok, Evon...). Farah had to go after that, she had a dinner to attend to with some special guests. so she awaited her coordinator's call and left as soon as it came. There was the usual photo-taking and bye-bye-ing (anyway Mandy hid my camera... naughty girl. I couldn't take a pic with Farah's cool outfit... ) we continued to chit chat and makan minum after that, as well as listen to Myn's cute singing and antics... hee hee...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After that there was a bit of window shopping n etc with Myn, LeOn, Ostro, Priest, Ivy n gang... Took pix with Myn in Top Shop, before kena warned by the staff... haha..... Basically we all went back after that. Went back on the same train as Priest and LeOn (yeah I took LRT, it was Friday evening/nite, sure jam gila) and waved bye to Ostro at the station. What a wonderful end to what I can say is a wonderful experience, being in 2 places hundreds of kilometers apart on the same day...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Okla, tired liao... till next time. I'll talk bout my New Year celebrations next!
PEACE and God Bless,

Aris Tee

No comments:

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly