Friday, January 13, 2006

Great Start to the New Year!

Ok, I've been having lots of back-dated posts lately... I hope this will be the last in a long while. Let's travel back to the time when 2006 came... hee hee...

And so the clock struck 12...I was watching TV waiting for midnight. Ok, no celebrations for me... well, maybe next year. Most of the buddies were out spraying each other or having fun. I had to watch it all on TV (attempting to send sms greetings on-screen... lol). There was Daniel singing on 2 different stations live, but only little time in between. I wonder how he travelled so fast. There was no Farah on TV, since she sang the day before at the same spot (still can't believe they dare to not put her on the countdown show!). But Myn called me, telling that she, Farah and family were heading to The Curve for the countdown. Would love to join them, if only I wasn't so far. Maybe I'll try next year. Myn was sweet as usual, wishing happy new year and all. I wished her and family the same too. Received TONS of smses... My mum said it shows how many new friends I've made this year, and I admit I did make a lotta new friends... Continued to watch TV, there were fireworks, performances and all... and there was Siti Nurhaliza singing at Albert Hall on one channel. Recording la... Anyways, soon it was getting late and I was sleepy, so it was off to bed, because we had plans for New Year's day...

New Year at 1U
Spent the new year's 1st day at 1Utama... went shopping, MPH, watched people play the Largest Monopoly on the planet. It was really cool, it was based on the Malaysia Edition Monopoly (we have it at home) and it was seriously HUGE... The jail was seriously a jail (complete with jail clothes to wear) and the houses you buy were really big. Players were named after Nokia models, because Nokia was the main sponsor. The Grand Prize was an Audi TT-R, which was so awesomely cool and red-hot... with the Audi-logo tailpipe... wow... We went to eat at Jack's place, which was a restaurant I've been longing to go to. It's Singapore branch was rather famous but I never got to try it. The food was superb, delicious, extraodinaire... The starters, those Stuffed Mushrooms!!! OmG! They were killer! Tried their t-bone steak... it was marvelous! Overall, I had a good time there... even the desert of tiramisu (which was said to make you feel like you were in Paris) was splendid and not overly sweet... wowee! The rest of the family had all sorts of delicious food, and if you haven't tried Jack's Place, you'd better!!! After dinner we had a lil more shopping (went looking at mobiles again) before catching more monopoly and going home. It was a really good day... really gears you up for the year ahead. By the way, in case you were wondering why there aren't any pics, it's because I didn't bring the camera! Anyways, it was too much fun I'd probably forget to take enough... hee hee...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

An amazing 2nd day of the year
I had to work on a public holiday! Sigh... the disadvantages of working as a designer in a press company. Rushed work as much as I could because I have an outing with Farah on that day. Work was bout 90% finished when Val told me she will cover for me, which was very sweet of her. So I took off, even though it felt weird. Called Farah to ask where she was, and found out she was stuck in a jam and still not at the meet-up point. It was more of a 'gathering with friends' thingy that an outing really... We met up soon after that, it was a simple friendly outing with only a few people. After the late lunch, we went bowling at Federal Bowls. It was pretty fun, although inconsistent... Farah was really cute at bowling. We had a lot of laughs that day. I found out from her that she has been facing a few problems lately, and I'm glad that on that day she laughed so much. She was the most casual that I've ever seen, and it's good to see the normal side of her. Well, she did bump onto a number of people who immediately recognised her. They were like "Cik ni Farah kan?", "You're the Malaysian Idol finalist right?", "you are... you are..!" and of course a lot of smiles. It's nice to see people recognising her and liking her for just being her sweet self. There was alot of belanja here and belanja there that I kinda lost track. Anyways, had some fun taking photos along the night streets on the way to the car (and even at billboards, statues and in a hotel lobby!). Farah said it made us look like we were on vacation. Oh ya, by the way, Farah's totally wacky! OmG, she's so funny and out of control. And it's just so cool... now I understand why Myn is a crazy lil girl. Her sis is just like that! Lol... When paying our parking tickets, a young family went up to her and wished her all the best. It was so sweet of them. They even let her dukung their baby. Hee hee... it was such fun. Btw, such a coincidence that we parked our cars on the same floor, near to each-other. After that we all started to head home. Farah called after that, saying it was a really nice outing. I guess everyone was all smiles that night.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Btw, it was on the next day itself that Farah stopped using her phone, due to people harassing her and even anonymous psychos threatening her. I understand her situation and decision to use a private number. Her old phone is now held by Sandra, her PA.

Anyways, my next post will (hopefully) be up-to-date. That's all for now I guess...

PEACE and God Bless,
Aris Tee

4 comments:

Wimal said...

WHAT?!?! Why is Farah being harassed and threatened?!?! WHat is happening?

aris tee said...

Someone somehow got her number and keep on calling her. I feel sorry for her, she needs some privacy actually. And I heard from her sisters that some people even want their numbers! No sense of privacy... sigh...

As for the threats, I dunno who the fella is... it's anonymous...

Wimal said...

Kesian Farah...good idea to change her number. :) hope she is alright.

aris tee said...

yeah, she's alrite... perhaps she can relax a lil now...

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly