Sunday, August 07, 2005

Birthday Party, PC Fair, Initial D... What an Eventful Week...

Friday was real fun... It was going to be the result of a whole week's planning for Val's birthday. It was done in such secrecy that I didn't even put it my blog (she reads my posts...) and office plans were done through MSN Messenger... Ha..ha... I also did alot of hinting in order to find out what she wouldn't be interested in. The best part of the plan was laid out on Tuesday. Went shopping with her before our dinner and movie (The Island). Well, I told her I was looking for a 'friend' who was somewhat similar to her. And she was nice to suggest alot of things... But I didn't guess that she had no idea it was for her. Well, all was explained in her birthday card, hee..hee... Got her a cool t-shirt, and an Amy Mastura movie DVD (she must be jumping). ^-^

Anyway, on Friday when plans were suppose to run, all was set, her present was bought, the cake, pizza, KFC. All done. Then when I pushed the birthday gurl into the conference room, then I sendiri got a shock. On the birthday cake, there was "Happy Birthday Valerie & Aris". Oh my goodness... they all planned this all along, and yet followed my plan... Wahhhhh.... We both got presents from the office, and they were both watches. When I opened the present, in my mind was, "Goodness, dun tell me they bought us matching watches!". But nope, it was a more guyish Swatch, with a dragon motif. Val got a cute Hippo one. ^-^

Angi was there snapping all the photos, which made me think... earlier in the day, she asked to pinjam my DigiCam. It never occured to me that it was all part of the plan... So we sure had a great time. Calvin also joined in all the fun, despite not being well... I really hope he gets better soon... After all the blowing candles and cutting the cake together, it was makan time, and boy there sure was a lotta food... A real memorable birthday, and our 1st in our new working life. I really thank everyone for everything...

The next day, I went to PC Fair with my bro and Balloon (Sze Ching). Balloon bought a Wacom and a couple of stuff, while I was eyeing the Sony Network Walkman. It was sooo cool... I really wanted the blue one, but the price was simply astronomical. I mean, RM599 (then RM570) for a 256mb MP3 player is a bit too much right? I mean yeah, it had a full-fledged equalizer, ultra-super-duper-cool invisible display screen, solid feel, Sony brand and free speakers... but it was still too much of an asking price. Sigh... An equivalent from Creative or Samsung was in the region of Rm2xx to RM3xx... but well, the Walkman simply looked like serious business. Maybe I need to get a lower budget and look for something else.

Earlier in the day, I dropped by Brother Peter's shop in Damansara Uptown, and asked about tinting. Mr Peter recommended Conquerer, which was simply the best in the country now, even more than V-Kool and Sun-Cool (the Beetle's using that). To demonstrate, he took a 1000Watt light and put a newspaper on it. It BURNED! Cilaka... api everywhere, he was cool and tepped on it to put it off. Then he put it behind glass, asking me to test. Of course it was hot. But then he asked to test behind the Conqueror one, and it was cool... WOW... Well, something so advanced comes with a price of course... It costs RM550 for the front windscreen alone, and RM1800 (bargained to RM1600) for the whole car. To be honest, it was simply too high for me, so this has to wait...

Later in that day, went to watch Initial D (yeah, I'm one of the last remaining who hasn't watched... so what?!) with my bro. Bear in mind I read the manga, and although I hate the drawings of the people (they were just unpropotionate and UGLY), the drawings of the cars were really nice and accurate... Okay, the movie... after watching it, I found it to be quite good, despite me not being too fond of Jay Chou. The cast was quite good too, and played their roles well. Jay Chou did a good act on the 'Duh~ness' of Takumi. Of course there was alot of coverage of the Toyota Corolla AE-86, but I'm glad the RX-7 and Skyline GT-R were quite accurate representations... But where's the Sil-Eighty and RX-7 Mark III and their drivers? Well, I was looking forward to those two, but I guess it was too much to make into a movie. Here's hoping there'll be a sequel... The final race was awesome, and those tear-jerking scenes were just too much. And Takumi's dad simply stole the show la... 4 out of 5 for the movie, and 5 out of 5 for the cars and scenes alone (there were NO stunts, 20+ cars were totalled with only 3 remaining), which I must say rivals those of James Bond and the Fast and the Furious series... Simply awesome...

Okla, sorry for being extremely long, I could go on more about the other things in the week, but nah,...

PEACE and God Bless,
Aris Tee

No comments:

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly