Tuesday, August 07, 2007

More of the Usual...

More of the Usual...

Sigh

Just another usual day in the office... It's getting quite repetitious, but I guess it can be expected from this field of work. Got some sad news on my colleague leaving (2, in fact)... It's always sad to have someone go, especially when you're so happy with having them around. But I guess there will always come a time when we have to move on to newer things... Anyways, I'm still wishing they'd bring in another staff to help us out. It's now that we can't handle the work, it's just that with the insufficient manpower, we finish late at night almost on a daily basis... we do want to have a life too... Sigh...

Rebuild of Evangelion
If you're an Evangelion fan you'd have heard about this by now... The 4-part Evangelion movie retelling will kick off this September with the 1st movie, You are (not) alone. With the amount of remastered, repackaged and dunno-what versions, I'm quite glad to finally see something new. The 4 movies will have some scenes reproduced frame-to-frame, but also feature new stuff and CGi graphics to show how much progress anime has come through. Rumour has it that they're going to be based on the 1st 6 episodes of the original series, but from the looks of the preview, I saw Kaworu there. Hmm... they wouldn't include my cute Asuka (she appears from episode 8) in there, but they'd include Kaworu (who appears on the last few episodes). That doesn't make me happy at all... But anyways, below are the trailer & preview for You are (not) alone:





I dunno bout you, but the trailer gave me goosebumps on my 1st viewing... I doubt Malaysia will be screening this movie, so I'll just have to wait for the DVD I guess...

BoA Complete Clips 2004-2006
I got this DVD from Tower Records recently... It's a continuation from BoA's previous music video compilation, 8 Films & More. This completes the compilation of all her Japanese music videos up to 2006, which means the last song in the DVD is Winter Love, and her 1st adult single, Sweet Impact onwards are not included. Overall it's an excellent DVD cos all of BoA's music videos are beautiful. However, if you've purchased the album Outgrow and MADE IN TWENTY (20), you'd probably have a compilation of the music videos already. Wish it had some extras like commercials (like in 8 Films & More) and behind the scenes (like in Outgrow), but I guess you can't get everything perfect all the time. I'll do a proper review soon. I'm still looking for her birthday concert DVD, BoA the LIVE...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Transformers - The Movie Guide
Bought this book at a nearby MPH and I admit I was a bit disappointed with the content. Not only is it so thin, it also has early stage renders of the robots and they don't look that realistic. Not all the robots are in it either... sad indeed... but it does have some info about the robots featured, and given that it is in full color, it should make a good book for one's collection.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Weddings
Okla... I dunno what else to mention... yet another one of my old crushes is getting married soon... I guess this is how it goes, something deep inside of me is sad, but I'm also glad that she's happy. I have moved on quite sometime back, its just that it brings back some memories. Seems a lot of old buddies are getting married lately...

Hmm... I forgot what I wanted to write, so I guess I'll end it here 1st...

PEACE & God Bless,
Aris

No comments:

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly