Thursday, September 11, 2008

What a Week...

What a Week...

What a week of tiredness... day after day of absolute work and lack of sleep... but I'll get to that later, first of all...

BoA will Eat You Up~!
The time we've all been waiting for is here, the Korean princess of pop, Kwon BoA has just announced her plans to enter the US market. At a conference titled "Best of Asia, Bring on America", BoA also unveiled details of her 1st single from her upcoming US album. The single, titled "Eat You Up" features 2 separate MVs, one from a American director and one a Korean. Eat You Up is produced by Bloodshy & Avant while the music videos were choreographed by Flii Styiz and Misha Gabriel. Flii Styiz has worked with many artists like Chris Brown, Usher, Michael Jackson and Beyoncé. Max Gousse will be her manger in America and has worked with Beyoncé, Usher and Justin Timberlake.


What caught the attention of fans was that BoA had one of her arms in a plaster cast. It was then revealed that she fell down the stairs the previous day while rehearsing (poor thing). She'll be up and running (hopefully) in 6 weeks. The full MV will be revealed on October 7th and on November 11th her management will release the single in public stores and online through Amazon, Myspace, iTunes, and even ringtone downloads. Her album will be out early 2009 and she will be promoting the album with appearances on TV shows, radio programs, and at clubs. After her promotion period, she is planning to do a nationwide concert tour. (Source: BoAjjang)

Photobucket Image Hosting
BoA in front of the image she'll portray in the West

Photobucket Image Hosting
SM Entertainment's Lee Soo Man himself helping her sit~

Here's a look at the teaser for her American MV, directed by Diane Martel. In my opinion it's hip-hoppy but a lil odd, with the CGi background and the mismatching lipstick. But it does reveal part of the song, which does get catchy after a few plays. The dance moves are typical BoA, full of energy and looking hot. There were also a few sexy scenes of BoA, and I have to admit I hope she doesn't get too sexy, as in America it's all about sex. I mean sex sells, but BoA, she can pull it off without it...

Photobucket Image Hosting
Photobucket Image Hosting
Photobucket Image Hosting


The second teaser is her Korean MV, directed by Cha Eun Taek, which I feel is much cooler than the American one, but just as over-the-top. Here she shows a much more "BoA" appearance, and I like that a lot. Not much of the song other than the chorus, but you'd have to admit it's getting catchier and catchier. There's also has a lil of Michael Jackson feel to the MV, with the whole "well-done-ness" slapped all over it. It's probably the type of MV I'd prefer BoA to go to the US with...

Photobucket Image Hosting
Photobucket Image Hosting
Photobucket Image Hosting
Photobucket Image Hosting
Photobucket Image Hosting
Photobucket Image Hosting


Oh, and later on Flo-Rida will feature in the remixed version of the single. Shud be cool stuff~ I really hope this single will do well, and spearhead her entry into the US market. The album in 2009 is going to be hot stuff, and I really, really pray the Americans will know how to appreciate the Best of Asia. Wish her lots of luck guys~!

Someone Dig Me out of this Hole
"I've like dug this deep, deep hole and I have no idea why I have done this. Somebody help me!!!" That's exactly what I felt last weekend when I had to cover 2 events on the same day. But don't get me wrong, I accepted the tasks, but I guess I didn't know what to expect. It was so tiring, and um, they weren't exactly the most interesting of events. But I accepted them on good faith that I'll gain some precious experience. 

Went to Sunway College to cover their Undergraduate Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Gosh it felt so awkward being there with almost 400+ students attending. Apparently they had some problems regarding a press conference as other than me, there's only1 chap from The Star. We two were the loners there. So they arranged chairs in a room and we had a small discussion. It was tough juggling taking down notes and taking photos, you can't do them both! Worse still, I didn't have a single clue on accounting. Anyways, soon after that, I headed to KL for another event.

Photobucket
Photobucket

It was at Hotel Maya, and it was the 1st convocation of Cyberlink International College (CIC). I was the only media there, I had to admit its rather scary for me. But seeing all the smiling faces of soon-to-be graduates lessens my awkward-ness. Took some photos, did some interviews and then headed home. There was also a weird fashion show too. 

Photobucket
Photobucket

Sacrificed my Sunday to write the stories. Sigh... I really wanted to go to Sungei Wang that weekend to grab a Tomica Speed Racer Mach 5. But I heard it's now available in Jusco so I guess I'll have to look around now. I even dug a bigger hole by saying I'd submit the music reviews on Monday. I looked at Irene and uttered "What have I done???". After all was done, I'm so glad to see it out in print. This week's issue is the most input I have ever put in, with 2 articles, 2 music reviews,  short article on Animax and a page of compiled picks of the week. And gosh I'm so tired...

On other things, I have this crush on a girl at my workplace. Well, to be honest I have no idea if she knows I have the hots for her. She's funny, cute and outgoing, and I'd like to know more bout her first, she does seem like an interesting person. But why oh why this always so daunting for me... T_T

Spaghetti Delight
Yeah man, nothing beats spagetti that's home-made. Spaghetti, wonderful gravy with lots of tomatoes, butterfly prawns, caesar salad, french bread... Nyum-nyum...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Oh well, that's all for now,

PEACE and God Bless,
Aris Tee

2 comments:

Farah said...

sedap nya the spaghetti!!! yummy!!

aris tee said...

heehee... mummy's cooking is the best~!

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly