Saturday, January 13, 2007

25

According to my gramma, based on the Chinese calendar I'm 25 this year. Woohoo~ Kinda interesting... and this year's zodiac IS my year... so I'm still being positive about things. Btw, things have been going well so far for my start of the year. I've been slowly reverting back to my usual stuffs, rediscovering who I am and not pretending to be someone I'm not. Ok, time was also spent on Jdorama... lol... finished Densha Otoko (ok, just wait for a full-on review) and I've now moved to Sapurii (after watching the 1st episode, I'm finding it rather interesting... oh, did I mention Misaki's the main character? hee hee). I've been feeling happier, doing lots of forumming, exploring places and I'm even gonna visit my buddies in Miri... yay~ Oh ya, recently my mum bought a pack of those Walls Mini Cornettos... and you instantly get to try on this Mini-Golf game. Notice the "Mini" connection? I was reluctant to join at 1st, but in the end decided to give it a shot. 1st try, too short. 2nd try, too strong. By the time I was going to hit the 3rd and final time, the MC was already ready with a notebook (consolation prize)... and then the ball went in... woohoo! Got 2nd prize, a scale model of a MINI Cooper (Mini again). The 1st prize was a metre-long remote control MINI worth RM400+... too close right? But it's better than nothing... adding it to my collection of scale Beetles and MINIs... XD

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Time for my usual dose of back-dated events... (all due to the Taiwanese earthquake of course... net connection was down to almost a halt... even now it's still sluggish)

Penang Trip
Went on a trip to Penang recently... it was a lotta fun becos it was my 1st time driving up there (and by ourselves). Went with my bros (my mum had some work there) and spent a few days there. It was a lotta fun, visiting a lotta sites and eating a lotta food... It was nice to have sea surrounding you and cheap stuff everywhere. Too bad I wasn't that well, if not it would have been even better. It was so fun to drive around Penang with no map or directions... sure hope to visit there again soon. Oh ya, the ferry trips were soooooo worth it (got the top floor both times) XD Here are some pics... will post the rest later~

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Oooh... I LOVE ferries...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Nice lovely beach~
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
With an ol cannon~
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Prison~
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Char Kway Teow with lotsa udang!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Penang Town
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
On the ferry...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My SLR's filter broke on the trip back, bought a polarised one to replace it

Aween's Belated B'day
Asked Aween out so that we can celebrate her birthday... wanted to do it nearer to the actual date but I was up in Penang. Set to meet her at Manhattan Fish Market near the office. Sock Boon couldn't make it, and El too... so it ended up being just me and her. Was quite ok, I finished work early and waited for her. She was out of credit, so she resorted to miss calls in order to communicate. Haha... She looked just like when we last met (she visited the office recently) with her hair grown longer and looking slightly more feminine. We had quite a long chat bout a lotta things and also gossips, etc... hee hee... Also had some fun snapping photos (she had quite a number of weird shots of me) and laughing. We both ordered seafood, she asked for mussels while I tried the oysters. Aween's mussels were good, but my oysters were kinda... tiny. But they tasted good nevertheless... Thankfully we both weren't that hungry. Oh yeah, Aween liked my lil present (phew~). Hee hee... Soon after that we had to make our move. Hope she had fun... she sure seemed like she did :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Manhattan Fish Market
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mussels...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Oysters...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
One of the odd pix Aween snapped~
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The excited look of a birthday gurl~
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Open...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
She seems really happy~

Meet-up with Jess
Met up with Jess too... she's been busy lately, so it was good to finally get to meet up. Passed her a lil belated birthday present. Very glad she liked it. She brought me to this interesting spot near her place... it's kinda dark but it adds to the romantic atmosphere of the place. Oh ya, the food's good too... unfortunately they dun come out that well with flash, dat's why I'm posting the ones that are darker... hee hee... Had quite a long chit chat till late at night (too much topics liao), then I sent her home before I headed back.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cool place~
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Jess looking sweet with her b'day present
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Chicken Maryland
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sizzling Chicken

Smilodon Pix
Thanks to Jin, my Smilodon is up and running... here are some shots... loving it~

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Doctor at work...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Blue LED fans...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yay~

Cool Food
Went to this interesting lil restaurant in 1Utama called Charms... we've always passed but never set foot in it. The food was quite nice, and I ordered this really cool dish that was like a mini-BBQ (and in the open air environment of the shopping mall!) and it was splendid :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cozy lil place, you can also eat outside like we did~
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Delicious nasi goreng~
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
BBQ lamb~

Quick ShotsHere are some shots I took recently...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
National Library on fire... dunno what really happened tho~
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Found this creature... dunno what it is because it looks like an ant but has the forearms of a praying mantis. A new species perhaps?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
What's that? Lol... just Fifi coming out of the car to say something to me...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My comp keeps hanging like this... it'll hapen all of a sudden for no apparent reason. I mean, I can move the mouse but I can't click or ctrl+alt+delete... what gives??

Okla, that's all for this time, I wanna go on about more stuff soon, like Sinking of Japan (superb movie) and Sapurii, etc... but I'll save it for later~

PEACE and God Bless,
Aris

No comments:

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly