Tuesday, December 13, 2005

So many things in one week!

Sticky: My TAG is still on the page, except for some odd reason it's at the BOTTOM of the page...

Found Nikki's debut albumIt was a simple day... just joining the family for a lil buffet at JJ's (sounds something like that, formally Oliver's) at Mid Valley. After dinner decided to roam a lil, and still looking for Nikki's album which should have been out since Saturday. And I came across a new outlet of Rock Corner... it had just opened recently, so I decided to give it a try. And there it was, sitting nicely in one of the lower racks. 3 copies of MAHARANI, Nikki's debut album. It was such an odd feeling, especially after searching high and low for it. Hehe... quickly grabbed a nice-looking one and purchased it. Listened to it in the 155 on the way back and loved it! Posted a review recently at http://raptorclans.multiply.com/reviews/item/29, and I was kinda surprised when it was mentioned on Nikki's official site at http://www.nikkimusic.com.my/. It's a great album and I surely hope Farah's album can match or exceed that...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Return of the Pontianak
Watched Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam 2, the sequel to the splendid Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam... It was really good, and definitely worth a watch. Excellent cinematography, a gem in local movie standards. You can read my review at http://raptorclans.multiply.com/reviews/item/30, Maya Karin did an awesome job in this one.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Work Work Work
Well... I admit work has pretty much taken up MOST of my time, and I'm missing stuff like family time, outings and gatherings with friends and buddies. Sigh, that's pretty much what life is about isn't it? Missed Mandy's birthday do, and deeply regretting it... although she's now expecting a meal of McD's from me... lol! Dun worry dear, I remember... hahaha... even if I forget, you'd probably remind me a million times. We have been getting a number of new staff, noticably the friendly Eliza (not to be confused with Eliza Sanjivee... now how do I differenciate two people with same names?) and Trevor. However Adam and Adrian have since left, so it's an odd situation where people are moving around... As for me, I hope to be able to carry on, and I'm trying my best, and will try to do better at each try.

PC Fair and Utusan Karya Carnival
It was another of those last-minute performances which Farah informed me... Well, glad that I was able to make it, despite having run through PC Fair to get a graphic card and a thumb drive. Met Ivy at KLCC, she belanja me lunch, was very sweet of her... then met ups with LeOn before leaving straight to Taman Tasik Permaisuri. Bear in mind we had no idea where this tasik was... it was just trial and error. And boy there sure was a HUGE crowd, parking was chaotic, with people parking by the roadside and in bushes! I managed to park in a nearby park, and we walked from there to the carnival. Met Kak Angah and Kak Zai there... as well as Detnelat. There were a number of big names performing, notably Ella, Siti Nurhaliza, Shazzy, the AF gang... but I tell you the crowd was so dead! They were so unenthusiastic, not even a single clap or cheer, even for the big names. Well, as enthusiastic Farahnatics, we sure knew what to do. When Farah performed "Kembali Lagi Di Sisimu", we screamed, yelled, clapped and cheered out as loudly as we can. The crowd turned around to look at us, but all we did was cheer even louder! Farah did well, and I felt so proud of supporting her, despite being the only one in the huge crowd wearing the Farahnatic t-shirt (the rest would have worn if they knew..). Asked her out for dinner, but she had to go home straight, so I told her maybe some other day then...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Lil Dinner with Farah
Had a lil dinner do with Farah... It was her idea to meet us up (maybe because I ajak-ed earlier?), and I sorta helped her arrange where to meet and to inform people bout the dinner. Shakey's it was, and boy Farah sure can eat! (I'm very sure I mentioned that before...) It wasn't an official gathering, so there were only a few people invited. But it was nice nevertheless... and we found out that not all is well for dear Farah. Well, typical of me, I'm concerned for her, and I'd do anything to help or support her... I won't reveal what has happened, as a sign of respect to her. But anyways, sad things aside, it's good to know she's moving on too with her career (she said she's gonna focus fully on her career now), with her planned break-off from 8-Unit in order to spread her wings, she has her own PA now, and her own team. She's now working on what type of songs to have in her album, and I sincerely hope for the best. She did a number of acapellas that nite, with Kelly Clarkson's "Because of You", Alicia Key's "If I Ain't Got You" and Neri Per Caso's "Denganmu" which she did a lil cute dance specially for me... She's so super sweet!!! Broke her shoe heel during the dance, and made me feel a lil guilty. But she laughed it off and we took a number of funny "Majalah Mangga-style" photos at the Chronicles of Narnia setting there... Farah even wanted a few photos of us lying on the carpet... so well, we did it! Hahaha... what a fun and crazy bunch we were... It was memorable, and I hope Farah feels happy. Will try my best to support her, and be a good friend.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

For now, we're looking forward to a couple of wonderful events that are gonna take place this weekend... hehe...

PEACE and God Bless,
Aris Tee

No comments:

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly