Monday, November 14, 2005

When a girl is too touched, she cries tears of joy...

Farah's Open House
It was a rainy Thursday... the rain was heavy, there was traffic jam. Rain as it must, but it didn't dampen our excitement for that night. To be invited to Farah's open house was definitely something to shout about... Arrived slightly after 8pm, after picking up Ostro and Ulee at the Bangsar LRT station. Her house was kinda packed, with cars lining up the streets. I managed to park at the corner, albeit nervously... There were so many people at the open house! Not only the usual suspects and Farahnatics, but there were the other idols, from both season 1 and 2, as well as some guests from Mentor and Akademi Fantasia. There was Myn and Kak Jihan, as well as Farah's mummy and daddy... it was such a warm atmosphere. Oh yeah, the food was great! And the satay too... woohoo... Then the yummy birthday cake came out! Everyone was singing Happy Birthday to Farah, who's birthday was the next day itself... she was soo happy and all smiles througout the night. Got her chin in some chocolate and when she's told about it, she replied "it's alright~" hee hee... such a sporting girl... We had so much chit chat among ourselves, Farah was busy welcoming and attending guests, so we didn't wanna bother her. Atilia and Azam joined our table, so we had some fun there... Zamil joined in on our chat about Daniel's album launch at Planet Hollywood soon... We stayed quite late, and some of us didn't wanna go back, chit chatting with Farah as well as her mummy. Then they started hinting that it was late, and it kinda made me feel guilty... poor them, working so hard to make the open house so nice. Myn was screaming "When you guys wanna balik huh?! I want to tidur!" haha... so cute la she... We all went back at 1-something in the morning, feeling all glowy...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Farah's Birthday Surprise
This is where the fun begins... a pre-planned event, kept under wraps as much as we could. With the cooperation of Myn, Izwuan and the rest of the Farahnatics, we managed to plan a surprise party for Farah. It was at Friendster at Damansara Perdana. Lovely place, we all did our preparations, payment and stuff, as well as some pre-shows to warm things up. We hired the DJs, and booked the dance floor and the whole area around it. Ss-srjuna sang a wonderful version of "I Surrender"... woohoo! Then the moment came, we switched off the lights, quiten the music... and here comes the birthday girl! And we all sang Happy Birthday together~ Farah was so shocked and surprised and speechless... She was so overjoyed and touched she broke to tears... it was so touching to see her like that. She was lost for words and was thanking God and all the fans, while still in tears... She said:

"I'm not the Malaysian Idol... but I hope I'm the Idol in your hearts... I'm so lucky to have the best fans in the WORLD~ I love you guys so much!!!"

It wasn't over yet... She was then presented with a laptop, which she was to launch her official website, by fans, for fans! Woohoo! She was holding a tissue and crying still throughout the launch, and it was so touching for her... http://www.farahasyikin.net/ was officially launched (despite being online for a couple of weeks...). She gave a very short speech (still lost for words) and we all went to makan after that. The food was marvelous... delicious splendid... lol... the pasta marinara and fried rice and 2 sausage dishes... woweee... Oh ya, Val val was there too, although a bit shy... I hope she didn't feel too out of place. The Farahnatics were a really friendly bunch... The gift-giving session was rather cool, with Farah getting teddy bears, necklaces, CDs, chocolates... Me and Estravada shared a bunch of roses and presented it to her. It came out a lot bigger than I thought... and she was really surprised... After that I passed her a gift Jill (killer_jaws) sent to me all the way from Miri. She was so touched too... After that I passed her the present I bought for her, she was so surprised and went "Oh my God! Oh my God!"... I was so glad she loved it... It was a lil hint from myn, and I was wondering whether she'd like it... She gave me a lil hug after that and I was all blushing... After that, there was an intro session in which the Farahnatics, friends and relatives were to go in front of the stage and introduce themselves... Then there was a singing session, in which some of us sang and danced. It was really cool... MXV did his special dance for Farah, which according to him, is normally charged at RM1500 per performance. And it was for free! Woo hoo... we sure had a fun time... Farah sang after that, singing a number of songs, like 'Don't Let Go', 'Gemilang', 'All by Myself (which mistakenly started as 'I Surrender')', 'Kembali Lagi di Sisimu' and a few more... we even tried to get her to do a bit of Daniel's 'Mimpi'... but she was referring to the lyrics most of the time... She was so sporting, with cute self-made sound effects and inviting the fans to sing with her. Um... I was one of those people, as she noticed me lip-synching to 'Kembali Lagi di Sisimu', she came to me and asked me to continue... I did, and made the sound system die... malunya... But she said "thank you"... How sweet... Then there was the gila-gila dance session, in which there were loads of dances like the Macarena, Ketchup Dance, Crazy Frog and Numa-Numa... I admit, not having danced for quite a while sure made it fun all over again... hee hee... It was loud and fun, what a way to rock a birthday! Poor Farah didn't dance as much though, because she was in a long skirt (remember she was originally supposed to go on a bithday dinner)... but she had a lot of fun... Superb photo session after that, and last wishing of Happy Birthday. We then continued to watch priest's video for Farah, which most of us participated in. Farah was so touched and watched in full focus... We all were reluctant to go back as usual... but like all good things, it had to come to an end, said bye bye to Farah and myn and we started our way back. Ulee and Val followed back of course, and Safarina plus family joined in too. We sure had a blast of a party, and I'm glad to say, so did Farah, as she recalled:

"The best birthday I've ever had, I'll remember this for the rest of my life..."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Okla, me typing too much liao... work's coming. I'm gonna be meeting her tonight as we have an interview with her for our paper... Look forward to it,

PEACE and God Bless...
Aris Tee

2 comments:

Jill said...

Awww. Good for Farah. I'm so glad she had a great time. As for the rest, I can only say 1 thing. *jealous*. hehehehe.

aris tee said...

aww... dun be, jill... u'll get u're chance. then you can have a great time too! :D

Fuelly

Fuelly Fuelly